Posts Tagged ‘Shoes’
It really was a productive weekend! If you remember from last week, I declared that Organization and I had been fighting but that I was finally ready to make a commitment to “him”. Over the weekend I also decided that organization was going to be male… which surprised me because I know usually words either seem feminine or masculine and I think that generally speaking women may be more organized so it should seem feminine but it doesn’t to me. To He and I spent the weekend getting re-acquainted and had a wonderful weekend getting to know each other again!
In case you missed the declaration of the fight and the plans I had for the weekend here is what I hoped to accomplish
- Refurbish some shoes I love
- Bobby Pin Holder
- Research shoe organization
- Jewelry organizer
- Make new bracelets
And here is what Organization and I did accomplishment!
No doubt in my mind I will owe you an updated on this when I actually wear my shoes but here is what Organization and I did…
I bought this beautiful pair of shoes that I was in love with. So in love in fact that I wore them the day I got them and in that very same day I managed to ruin them. Beautiful shoes
Not so beautiful toe.
As you can see I tried to find a like nail-polish color to do the trick but it just didn’t happen for me and the magical shoe repair guy told me that it was a lost cause. So I continued to wear them- ruined and all- but always felt like I was neglecting the true wonderfulness of these shoes so I decided to refresh them a bit. I should add in here that I am in desperate need of new black heels. Mine are just getting old, worn out, and frankly out of style. So when I decided to refurbish those beautiful above I decided that since I needed black shoes and black seemed like the most effective way to refurbish, I would make them black!
I started my stuffing newpaper inside my shoes so I didn’t get spray paint inside the shoe which would eventually end up on my feet. Plus, even though no one sees them, the insides of these cutes is just really cute.
Then I prepped them. Just like painting I wall I figured primer is always a good thing to do if you want maximum coverage. So for about an hour they looked like ghost shoes.
Then I just painted them glossy black. I got the spray-paint that was a tad more expensive and said it stuck to like everything including plastic because I figured it was my best bet. Honestly, I was truly surprised by the coverage. It seemed to go on really smoothly and didn’t have bubbles or anything. I was really impressed.
Tim must have thought I was really trying to get back at Organization considering these are the text messages we exchanged
So for now they are still in the garage. Kara and my sister both recommended I use some like clear coat sealant on them as well so I probably going to look into that before I wear them! The only drawback I have found so far is that they STINK like spray paint. I am hoping this will eventually go away because I don’t think people will enjoy getting a high at work because of my shoes!
The other great part about these shoes is that I recently ordered some black heels from DSW with a gift card I had but they were too small. So I had to return them this weekend and since I just made myself beautiful black heels I got to purchase these babies instead!
The bobby pin holder was a great success! Kara and I had an impromptu play date on Friday evening and we decided to go to Walmart for goodies! Mostly a 1 inch curling iron because we wanted to practice getting curls like Katniss from The Hunger Games (yes this is what we do with our time). Her hair is seriously so pretty.
I haven’t mastered it yet just FYI but I’m getting closer. And Tim tells me he likes my Katniss hair haha. So anyway Walmart did not have those magnetic bobby pin holders I was totally bummed but then I found some pretty ones at Staples. They were a little more expensive than I was wanting to spend (a whole $3) but still I figured I could get one for like $1. Anyway I bought 2 of them and headed home for craft time.
Here is what I used
- Magnetic Paper Clip Holder ($3- Staples)
- Fabric ($1- Walmart)
- Bobby Pins ($2 Walmart)
- Spray Adhesive (tacky glue is pictured but I decided against it)
I just needed a little square of fabric and since I already had the spray adhesive from the unity candle craft I did last weeknd all I did was spray the holder and then put the fabric right on top. I wrapped it up like a present on the bottom and TADA. Organized bobby pins!
Thank you Pinterest for this wonderful craft!
I gave one of these to my sister and put the other in our bathroom. Tim already put a bobby pin in there when I left one out on the counter and I can tell how much he enjoyed having a place for them!
I was on a mission on Saturday to at least come up with one type of jewelry organizer. I was feeling a little defeating when I went to Michael’s and they had a spot for a hanging jewelry organization but was out of stock. So I took a chance and went to TJ Maxx after I stopped by Sally’s Beauty Store (yes I ran like 100 errands) to get some clings for my extensions for the wedding and TADA. I came across a beautiful hanging organizer for only $15! I went straight home and filled it up!
It doesn’t fit everything- but it fits most things. It is double sided so right now one side if like necklaces and the other is earrings, bracelets, rings, and watches. I’ll still have to keep a few pieces hanging elsewhere but we are getting closer!
I didn’t spend as much time on the shoe research as I had hoped but I did check out those shoe trees. Not gonna work- just don’t have the right space for it. Then when I woke up this morning I had a link on my FB wall from my friend Jocelyn.
Hmm I kind of love that idea. Now, I’ll have to see what the potential is of me making more closet space- I may have to throw away from 100 hoodies from the guest room closet) but for this adorable and handy shoe storage I think it would be worth it. One of my issues is that I can’t see all of my shoes so I don’t always know what I have… this seems like a good way to be able to see them all at one time and make the right choice. I’m thinking at least for flats this is a good option and probably the heels too. The flip flops I don’t mind in this hanging storage thing I keep that has like little cubbies for items like sweaters or hats. I use it soley for shoes (and a few other random bathing suits that ended up i n there).
So special shout out to Jocelyn who did some research for me! THANK YOU!
My sister and I set out on Saturday afternoon to make these bracelets. We failed. I don’t know what it was but we just couldn’t figure it out. First, I think my string stuff was too thin but even if it was thicker I don’t think I would have figured it out. Bummer. But I did make this pretty little guy!
Honestly, for as much as I spent on the string and beads I should have just purchased something similar at Claires but I guess it was fun trying! I won’t be going into the jewelry making business anytime soon.
I guess Organization won this time.
As of late my life seems like a hot mess. A wonderfully fun and exciting hot mess of a life. The wonderfully fun and exciting part can be credited to my wonderful friends and family but the hot mess part is all me and the fight I am in with Organization. Organization and I never used to get along. Throughout most of my childhood years Organization hated me. It wouldn’t help me pick up my toys, or make my bed. We just couldn’t find a way to get along. Then I moved out on my own and we found a way to make it work. It still wasn’t in to making my bed every morning but didn’t seem to mind our Saturday afternoon dates we had once a week. We came to appreciate one another. Then when Tim and I bought our house we realized that Organization had really maintained completely different relationships with the two of us. Organization didn’t like to hang out with Tim all that often but Tim didn’t seem to want Organization around anyway. I wanted organization to be my friend and I was typically willing to put in the effort to make the relationship work but as of late… Organization has just been upset with me.
Organization won’t help me find a way to make it easier to find my shoes in the morning. Organization hid my work badge from me so now I struggle to get into our buildings. Organization purposely loses my bobby pins because they just don’t feel like helping out. Ugh.
But instead if being mad at Organization…. right now, declaring it on the internet, I am promising to make things work with Organization. I know I work all day long and then have activities, work out classes, and dinners with friends at night but Organization and I are going to have to work hard to make this relationship work. It might mean not watching Gossip Girl or New Girl one night but hey, that is what relationships are all about right? Sacrifice. I need to start making some scarifies for my dear friend organization. Because honestly, if Organization gives up on me for good, I’m going to go insane.
So here is what I need to research and I am open to any ideas you may have…
- I need a freaking good way to organize my shoes. And I don’t have a lot of space and I don’t want them out in the world to see. I’ve tried shoe boxes but they just take up so much room and then you have to open the box at the bottom of the pile to get a pair of flats you haven’t worn in a world. I need something that helps me separate out like heels, sandals, flats, flip fops… I don’t know what kind of relatives Organization has but I hope one of them is in the shoe industry.
- I need to start executing the crafts I find on pinterest (which you follow me if you want- just click the follow me bottom on the side tool bar on this page). I found that great bobby pin trick where you take that thing that you typically use for paper clips at work and put some pretty fabric around it and use it as a bobby pin holder. This effort seems pretty darn small so I think Organization and I will have some craft time this weekend.
- Jewelry is beautiful and is everywhere. Organization hates my jewelry collection and while I think Organization should just find a way to make it, it hasn’t. It just stares at the jewelry on the dresser every morning with a look of disgust on its face. Again, I need Organization to star thinking positive about my jewelry. I think we can all get along… along as I don’t have to build something or have something out in the open to bother me even more. If Organization had an Aunt or Cousin that specialized in Jewelry I would like them to come for a visit sometime very soon.
So by some miracle this weekend is going to be filled with some extra time on my hands and family fun! Before I go to meet my big sister and niece for sushi on Saturday I am promising myself to do a few things…
- Make my silly but wonderful bobby pin holder. Maybe I’ll make 2 of them- 1 for each bathroom. Then I am going to go out and buy new bobby pins to fill it up with and throw away all of the ones that have been haunting me for years
- I am going to make these bracelets I want to make. Just to piss Organization off a little bit
- I am going to refresh a pair of my shoes- I don’t know how I am going to do this yet but a pair of my heels that I love have some serious scuff marks that can’t be fixed to make the shoe look normal again so I need to paint it or something. I don’t mind making them black… can you just paint shoes?!
- Research show organization
- Research jewelry organization and hopefully implement part of it. The jewelry box I have is not cutting it. Pinterests may be my research source. I wonder if that source will hold up in school someday?
So dear friend Organization… I know we haven’t been getting along the last week and you have felt a little snubbed by my other interests. But Tim is almost done with tax season and I am going to ensure the two of you have a strong relationship and well- I am committed to you so all I need is for you to commit back.
Wish me luck!