It is possible that Pinterest is taking over my life for the holidays.. but in the most fabulous way!!
For example, this centerpiece is inspired by Pinterest
And it’s so easy! Here is how you can do it and customize it your way…
Use any 3 pieces of glass you have around your house or go to a craft store and pick one up or even check out Walmart where you can get one of the same pieces I used for cheap! Pick 3 Christmas items that you love. I love candy canes, bows, and ornaments. Be simple… don’t get too crazy. Fill up your glass with your favorites… color coordinate if you want to go crazy. I love red and silver for the holidays but I also love all of the colorful pink, blues, greens, and purples in style this season. This year was classic- but who knows what next year will bring.Use it as a centerpiece for your kitchen table, coffee table, or a simple display pretty much anywhere! So simple.
Another Pinterest idea I executed with my friend Ann was the white chocolate snowmen I found. I also want to do this with Peyton but wanted to be sure I was able to execute first haha. They turned out so stinkin’ cute.
And they were simple! Here is what Ann and I used (we actually combined 2 different Pinterest ideas:
- We used white ” ” sticks that we purchased at hobby lobby and put 3 normal sized marshmallows on the stick so that the top marshmallow was at the very top of the stick
- We melted vanilla chocolate discs from Hobby Lobby in the microwave and just swirled the marshmallows on a stick in there
- Throw those babies on some waxed paper
- We assembled the hats (1/2 mini oreos with rollo candies)
- We put on the eyes with a toothpick and melted chocolate discs
- We used regular writing icing for the carrot nose
- We used sprinkles for the buttons which we attached with Kayro syrup
- We put toothpicks through the middle marshmallow for the arms and attached 2 mini marshmallows to each end
- We adhered the hat to the top marshmallow with the Kayro syrup
Learnings and suggestions
- Don’t use regular writing icing for the carrot nose- it’s not meant to dry very well
- Dip the mini marshmallows in the vanilla chocolate discs too otherwise they look really white compared to the body. But do them one at a time. We did try this first but failed
- To make the hat easier either don’t use 1/2 the Oreo and just stick the top part of the stick through the rollo OR use chocolate frosting to adhere. They slid off too easily
- Make sure you have a way to dry them!
Pretty simple process… and was a lot of fun along the way! You can see more pictures below!
Tis the season and I’ll tell you what Pinterest has been making it A LOT of fun =) I am excited for another Pinterest play date with my sister and Peyton this upcoming weekend.
and if you haven’t done it yet, check out yesterdays post to win a $25 Gift Certificate to GO SPORT ID!