Posts Tagged ‘Paleo Diet’
It was VERY difficult for me to determine what in my life was most important to blog about for my first post in like an entire week (once again my life is CRAZY busy with school, wedding, and work stuff). I considered just writing out a few good recipes that I owed you all (Paleo style) or telling you about the revelation I had during my 5 miles run on Saturday, or telling you about the wonderful wedding news and showers we have had, or bragging about the new amazing YONANA machine we just received as a bridal shower gift, or just going on and on about the things I should tell you about and then never get to it.
The last one seemed unfair. And like a waste of time yes?
Recipes first! So I have been pretty steady about being in the Paleo Cave Monday-Friday (well Friday till about 7pm) and then enjoying some treats on the weekend. This helps to keep me balanced and that way I am not denying myself the Westside Bakery Cake or Cupcake Cake at our bridal showers. Here are a few of my favorite Paleo meals
I found this recipe online for the Paleo Crabcakes so I thought I should give it a try. I did have to tweak it a little based on what I was willing to buy and what I had ni the house so below is the recommended ingredients in black and then what I used in purple (because purple is better)
- 1/2 pound crab meat I used imitation crab meat and I totally guessed at the amount haha
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond meal I used whole wheat flour because almond meal is freaking expensive
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions/scallions (or any other chopped veggies you want to put in) I used both
- Optional – dill, lemon juice, etc. I put some dill in them and I did use a splash of lemon juice
- I also added dijon mustard in the mix because it said you could dip it but I added about a tablespoon right in there
1. Heat 2 TBSP olive oil in pan over medium-high heat
2. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl (mix with hands!)
3. Form into 6 patties and place in pan
4. Cook on each side for at least 5 minutes, or until strong enough to flip (careful when flipping – place spatula underneath crab cake and place your hand on the top to flip each on to ensure that the mixture does not break)
Then yell TA-DA because you just made crabcakes at home!
Lettuce Wrap Tacos (not a recipe I got from anywhere- just took something I loved and tweaked it Paleo style)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tomato chopped
- 10 green olives
- Tiny splash of sour cream (so not Paleo but it just felt right and Breakstone’s Fat Free is the best)
- Brown your ground turkey in pan
- Add in taco seasoning and follow directions on packet (usually some water in there too)
- While that is simmering and cooking up cup up onion, tomato, and get out olives
- Carefully unwrap lettuce from head of lettuce so you have cute little bowl shaped lettuce
- Add tomato, onion, and olives to taco meat mix and then scoop into the lettuce wrap
Then yell “GET IN MY BELLY” because that is where that deliciousness belongs!
Buffalo Chicken Salad (another recipe that I just threw together- very common sense but delicious)
- 2 pieces chicken (we buy them frozen at BJ’s club store)
- Buffalo Sauce (Frank’s is my favorite)
- 1/2 bag lettuce
- 1 tomato chopped
- A few green olives (I clearly love olives)
- Tiny bit of goat cheese (gosh I think I cheat a lot)
- Um make a salad. I’m not sure what else to say here!
Honestly, my all time favorite Paleo meal is probably one of the most simple things I could eat.
Chicken Sausage with veggies. That’s it. Plain and simple but delicious. Tim and I buy our chicken sausage from Sam’s Club and it is delicious! Then we just grill up veggies (mushrooms are my favorite- yumm) and throw them on top. I can eat 2 sausages and feel fabulous =)
And when you want to eat a lot this is what your trunk will look like after a full day of grocery shopping!