I’m no food blog and I don’t pretend to be but I figured it’s ok to share some foodie stuff every now and then.
So #1. Have you ever heard of Melt? It’s an insanely intense grilled cheese place. I’m sure there are multiple places like this around the country but for me Melt is the craziest grilled cheese place I have ever seen. It has like 100 grilled cheeses on the menu and if for some crazy reason you don’t see something there you can always make up your own. This sounds great right? The catch? When I eat at Melt (which has only happened once) I feel like I am taking in the amount of calories I should take in for 2-3 days. In one meal. That’s a no no in healthy people land. So at home I made up my own melt.
It was simple. Two pieces of whole wheat toast. 2 slices of tomatoes. Sliced up avocado. Some bacon. And some American cheese. Lightly spray the pan with olive oil before you put the sandwich in to cook and you don’t even need to butter.
This made it easy to track how many calories I was taking in and totally curbed my craving for the best grilled cheese on earth.
Turns out I can make that right in my kitchen! Delicious.
But sometimes you just can’t skimped out on a good thing. You have to go big or go home. And I did with this treat.
Recipe adapted from here
It’s peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough. AHHH. Are you joking me? Cookie dough I can eat without my mom yelling “get out of there, that is to make the cookies”
Here is what you will need
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips (you could use big ones too if you already have then around)
- 8oz pkg Reese’s peanut butter cup Minis (or about 1 1/2 cup chopped Reeses cups which is what I used because peanut butter cup minis are just really expensive!)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add brown sugar and butter. Whisk until completely combined and butter is melted. Bring to a boil, remove from heat. Whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until creamy (about 3-4 minutes. On low, add in brown sugar mixture (that has cooled to near room temp). Mix until combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips and mini Reese’s cups. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy with pretzels, animal cracker and graham sticks.
And that ladies and gentleman is a treat that is WORTH the calories. But WARNING: it is so good you will have to force yourself to stop or a belly ache is sure to follow. Just trust me on that one.