My last workout completed for the Crossfit Games was workout 13.4 (I didn’t complete workout 13.5 due to timing and some travel schedules) and I enjoyed this workout! From favorite to least favorite my list goes like this… 13.2, 13.4, 13.1, 13.3.
13.4 looked like this…
Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes following the rep scheme below:
- 95 pound Clean and jerk, 3 reps
- 3 Toes-to-bar
- 95 pound Clean and jerk, 6 reps
- 6 Toes-to-bar
- 95 pound Clean and jerk, 9 reps
- 9 Toes-to-bar
- 95 pound Clean and jerk, 12 reps
- 12 Toes-to-bar
- 95 pound Clean and jerk, 15 reps
- 15 Toes-to-bar
- 95 pound Clean and jerk, 18 reps
- 18 Toes-to-bar…
- This is a timed workout. If you complete the round of 18, go on to 21. If you complete 21, go on to 24, etc.
So where did I make it to?! I completed the 12 toes to bar but I should come clean that I was doing 75lb clean and jerks instead of the 95lbs. 75lbs is HEAVY but gosh did it feel good. I was grunting and yelling but it was fun! My partner Gail (“Jail” is our power couple name) was the one that got me through this workout. She was so funny doing the movement at the same time and just plain out encouraging me and making me WANT to work harder.
I would recommend that everyone give this workout a try! Do whatever weight works for you and get as far as you can but at least try. It’s a good balance of strength and cardio.
While the games were fun… I am excited to see what’s next at Crossfit Commotion!