I had one very serious workout last night. It looked like this…
- Tire Flips
- Ladder in-$-out with squats
- 50 squats with bands
- Suicide drills with cones
- 100 Jump-ropes
- Side lunges with squats
- 50 Ropes swings
- Hurdle runs
Yea, like I said serious. And I was pretty serious about it.
And I wasn’t the only one that was serious about it
The tire flip was probably the most hardcore of the items we did. And apparently that was the small tire so I am just really
dreading looking forward to that.
What I can tell you if you want to do this workout/tweak it and complete it is to split up the cardio intense items with some of the less cardio intense and more muscle building items. Mary and I were partners and we made the mistake of going from the cone suicide drills, to the jump ropes, to the ladder, then to the hurdles and then the rope the first round and our lungs were very angry with us. While the tire flips are serious business they don’t kill your lungs (just the rest of your body haha) and the side step lunges are also a break to catch your breath but burn your legs like they are sitting in a very hot fire. The squats as well- will bite every part of your legs but may give you a breather.
Ideally I think it would go in this order (and some suggestions if you don’t have all of the tools)…
- Cone suicide drills (you can do this outside with just about anything… just give yourself 5-6 cones to run back and forth to)
- Side step lunges (we used round bands around our ankles but you don’t need anything- just step and lunge deep)
- 50 rope swings (if you don’t have a big rope- because who would right?) put a weight in your hand (even something heavy in your house) and make sure you are squatting deep and getting that weight over your head for a full range of motion
- Hurdle Runs (what you don’t have hurdles??- who doesn’t? haha) if you want to do these at home get pillows from your house- blankets or whatever else you can find- just give yourself something to jump over and get some air)
- Squats- we used tubes here as well but you don’t need them- go deep get the most you can out of it
- Jump Rope- if you don’t have one of these go get one! They are inexpensive and a great workout- Walmart or Target should have decent ones
- Tire Flips- don’t have a tire? Have a car? Than you have a tire. JK. You can just skip this one- nothing beats flipping over a tire.
- Ladder in and outs- you really don’t need a ladder to do this one either- it just helps focus. Jump putting your feet together and then jump out pulling your feet apart. Do this about 10 times… again deep squats! Work those quads
And if you look like hell while you are completing this workouts- well then you must be doing something right. I usually don’t like to share pictures of me on here where I look like a serious hot mess but these were too good to pass up!
Jumping rope with Mary!
Swinging that rope!
Christy is rocking this tire flip and looks adorable! How does she do it?!
and sometimes we even have a little bit of fun!
So what did you do for your body this week?!