Organization and I are fighting
As of late my life seems like a hot mess. A wonderfully fun and exciting hot mess of a life. The wonderfully fun and exciting part can be credited to my wonderful friends and family but the hot mess part is all me and the fight I am in with Organization. Organization and I never used to get along. Throughout most of my childhood years Organization hated me. It wouldn’t help me pick up my toys, or make my bed. We just couldn’t find a way to get along. Then I moved out on my own and we found a way to make it work. It still wasn’t in to making my bed every morning but didn’t seem to mind our Saturday afternoon dates we had once a week. We came to appreciate one another. Then when Tim and I bought our house we realized that Organization had really maintained completely different relationships with the two of us. Organization didn’t like to hang out with Tim all that often but Tim didn’t seem to want Organization around anyway. I wanted organization to be my friend and I was typically willing to put in the effort to make the relationship work but as of late… Organization has just been upset with me.
Organization won’t help me find a way to make it easier to find my shoes in the morning. Organization hid my work badge from me so now I struggle to get into our buildings. Organization purposely loses my bobby pins because they just don’t feel like helping out. Ugh.
But instead if being mad at Organization…. right now, declaring it on the internet, I am promising to make things work with Organization. I know I work all day long and then have activities, work out classes, and dinners with friends at night but Organization and I are going to have to work hard to make this relationship work. It might mean not watching Gossip Girl or New Girl one night but hey, that is what relationships are all about right? Sacrifice. I need to start making some scarifies for my dear friend organization. Because honestly, if Organization gives up on me for good, I’m going to go insane.
So here is what I need to research and I am open to any ideas you may have…
- I need a freaking good way to organize my shoes. And I don’t have a lot of space and I don’t want them out in the world to see. I’ve tried shoe boxes but they just take up so much room and then you have to open the box at the bottom of the pile to get a pair of flats you haven’t worn in a world. I need something that helps me separate out like heels, sandals, flats, flip fops… I don’t know what kind of relatives Organization has but I hope one of them is in the shoe industry.
- I need to start executing the crafts I find on pinterest (which you follow me if you want- just click the follow me bottom on the side tool bar on this page). I found that great bobby pin trick where you take that thing that you typically use for paper clips at work and put some pretty fabric around it and use it as a bobby pin holder. This effort seems pretty darn small so I think Organization and I will have some craft time this weekend.
- Jewelry is beautiful and is everywhere. Organization hates my jewelry collection and while I think Organization should just find a way to make it, it hasn’t. It just stares at the jewelry on the dresser every morning with a look of disgust on its face. Again, I need Organization to star thinking positive about my jewelry. I think we can all get along… along as I don’t have to build something or have something out in the open to bother me even more. If Organization had an Aunt or Cousin that specialized in Jewelry I would like them to come for a visit sometime very soon.
So by some miracle this weekend is going to be filled with some extra time on my hands and family fun! Before I go to meet my big sister and niece for sushi on Saturday I am promising myself to do a few things…
- Make my silly but wonderful bobby pin holder. Maybe I’ll make 2 of them- 1 for each bathroom. Then I am going to go out and buy new bobby pins to fill it up with and throw away all of the ones that have been haunting me for years
- I am going to make these bracelets I want to make. Just to piss Organization off a little bit
- I am going to refresh a pair of my shoes- I don’t know how I am going to do this yet but a pair of my heels that I love have some serious scuff marks that can’t be fixed to make the shoe look normal again so I need to paint it or something. I don’t mind making them black… can you just paint shoes?!
- Research show organization
- Research jewelry organization and hopefully implement part of it. The jewelry box I have is not cutting it. Pinterests may be my research source. I wonder if that source will hold up in school someday?
So dear friend Organization… I know we haven’t been getting along the last week and you have felt a little snubbed by my other interests. But Tim is almost done with tax season and I am going to ensure the two of you have a strong relationship and well- I am committed to you so all I need is for you to commit back.
Wish me luck!