I thought it was only fair to give you a little insight into our mornings at home!
This morning conversation as Tim and I are getting ready to pull out of the garage…
Tim- “Gosh, you have so much junk in my car right now”
Me- “That’s life Tim, your life, for the REST of your life”
(me stopping to think of how awful that sounded)
Me (following-up in my nice voice)- “Sweeeet-thang”
Earlier that morning while we were getting dressed for work…
Me- “Going to work out tonight, to enjoy my leisurely (said with a snarky tone) activity
Tim- “That is a leisure activity!”
Me- “No it is not, it is for your HEALTH”
Tim- “It’s still a leisure activity”
Me- “I’m telling Father Steve you said that”
Yes, I threatened to tell our Priest haha
Necessary background- Tim has a function for work called Bikes and Beer that he is going to attend and that makes me laugh…
Me- “Did you grab your jeans?”
Tim- “Yep, they are in the living room”
Me- “I hope you grabbed the nicer dark ones”
Tim- “I grabbed the darker Target ones, in case they get ruined”
Me- “I think this event will be funny, you riding a bike”
Tim- “I’m not sure why you think I can’ t ride a bike, I can ride a bike better than you can”
Me- “Well I never said I was good at riding bikes”
Yep, we have had quite the morning! These are also realization I have come to in the last 24 hours
- Rain boots are hard to drive in. Like really hard. The rubber doesn’t let you move your foot at all.
- When I am cold and I ask Tim to take off his pajama pants and give them to me (while he is cooking dinner), it’s not gonna happen
- Tim is more indecisive about tennis shoes than I originally thought he was
- Hamburger Helper looks DISGUSTING. Taste delicious.
- Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies taste like Heaven and from what I hear, a person cannot have enough Heaven
I hope you enjoyed your day as much as I have enjoyed mine!
As I usually do with the CrossFit class, I had a great workout last night! We were organized into teams of 4 (on my team we had Angie, Chris, and Ashley) and we had a deck of cards. Up on the white board we had these types of instructions
If you get a card with a (insert card shape here) you must use the following tools to complete the workout of your choice but you cannot repeat a workout twice
- Heart- Body Weight, Cable Systems
- Spade- Medicine Ball
- If you pull any 7, you must do 10 burpees
- If you pull any QUEEN, you must do 2 minutes of cardio
The hardest for me was the 2 minutes of jump rope and the medicine ball push-ups I chose. But it felt great to have a little fun and to chose our own workouts. I had already run 2 miles before class so I knew I really wanted to work on form with arms and legs so I made sure to incorporate those types of workouts.
Then we ended the workout realizing we had forgotten about the “7” rule and had to then do 20 burpees to make up to for! Then as a group we completed 1 minute of each of our favorite workouts so we ended up adding…
- Kettlebell Swings for Angie
- Squats for Ashley
- Sit-ups with the medicine ball for Chris
- Push-ups for Me
As an additional amazing achievement, my GPS was going all crazy yesterday on my cell phone so RunKeeper must have thought I was some sort of an Olympic Athlete (watch out Olympians- I am coming for you).
So yep, RunKeeper thinks I can 5.5 miles in 21 minutes- averaging a 3.5 min mile… impressive right? I must have been running faster than I thought I was
So it is official! As of yesterday, I am registered for the 2012 Akron Marathon… well I am doing the half marathon which as you probably remember I refer to as a halfathon. So far only my mom has picked up on that baby.
Now this wasn’t really in my running plan but when my friend Jen IM’d me yesterday and said that she needed a running buddy for the Akron Marathon I volunteered to be that buddy without blinking an eye (hell maybe I should have at least blinked once haha) and before I knew he we were signed up and ready to go! So we will be spending the summer training and probably recruiting as many other people as we can to race with us. Any takers?!
I am super pumped about this for a few reasons….
- I have always wanted one of those 13.1 stickers for my car
- I love races- I just love being surrounded by all of those wonderful people who are positive and full of endorphins and ready to run
- I am looking forward to having Jen as my running buddy this summer (now she is stuck with me)
- I like that it is right after the wedding- will keep me focused on my running and not focused on small details that shouldn’t stress me out
- I have heard a lot about this Marathon and I am just looking forward to being part of it
Another post-it note up today! Just a little something to make life a little brighter!
The other great beautiful thing I had happen to me today was that around 4pm I was feeling like I just needed a little piece of chocolate. Well I opened my Dove peanut butter milk chocolate candy to receive this message inside…
Why thank you Dove! Aren’t you sweet?! And then I popped the chocolate in my mouth and hung up my note in my cubicle!
This mornings juice was more adventurous than yesterdays but by no means like the first day! It was filed with both fruits and veggies and I found a decent tasting one that incorporates things I wouldn’t usually eat…
- Almond Breeze Almond Milk
I also got asked a great question at work today “Why put it in a smoothie, why not just eat it?” Well, that is a great question. I have read (and been told) that putting vegetables in a blender breaks down some of those good for your fibers and stuff and well that may be true but for me, these are a lot of items I would not get in my regular diet because I don’t like how they taste or I don’t like the texture of them. So for me it works if you love to eat kale for fun I say… keep chewing but I would just ask you think about it… at 9am this morning how many fruits and vegetables had you had? Me- I have about 4-5 servings!
Questions for you- leave me a comment below or shoot me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have you ever done CrossFit? What is your favorite workout?
- What does your morning conversations sound like?
- Have you ever run a marathon or a half?